GREAT TEW UNAFFILIATED HORSE TRIALS
12th & 13th August 2023
GREAT TEW ESTATE, GREAT TEW, CHIPPING NORTON, OXFORDSHIRE
By kind permission of Nicholas Johnston
CLASSES AT 80cm, 90cm and 100cm
BD Judges, BS standard SJ and BE standard XC courses
Entries open: 19th April 2022 at 6pm
Entries close: 6th May 2022 or when full
For queries contact: Amy 07900 994398 or email@example.com
Competitors will be required to print their own A4 size numbers prior to the event. These can be downloaded from www.cotswoldcup.co.uk when you get your times.
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors will be required to print their own A4 size numbers prior to the event. You will be charged £2 if you require a number to be printed on site. Hand drawn numbers will not be accepted.
Great Tew Estatem Quarry Farm, Banbury Rd, Chipping Norton OX7 4BT
Entries online at www.cotswoldcup.co.uk. All entries are subject to a non-refundable booking fee as stated above. Non refundable card fee included in entry cost – £2
Late entries may be accepted online if classes are not full at a cost of an additional £5.00.
Entries close 27th August 2022 or when full.
While we will endeavour to fulfil these if noted down at the time of entry, it is not
always possible due to the volume of requests / timetabling restrictions.
Horse, rider, day or class may be changed, with a £6 admin fee. All changes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If a waitlist is held you will be notified if your entry has been accepted. Otherwise you will get an automatic refund.
Start Times / Course walking:
Start times will be available at www.cotswoldcup.co.uk from Thursday 8th September at 6 pm. The XC course will be open for walking between 2 – 6pm on Friday 9th September and throughout the event. Gates lock at 6pm. The course pictures will be uploaded to www.crosscountryapp.com.
Competition numbers are to be printed at home and can be downloaded from www.eventingscores.com, when times are available.
All withdrawals must be EMAILED only to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee withdrawals to any other email address or social media will be received.
1.Withdrawals for whatever reason before the closing date will receive a refund minus the £10 admin fee
2.Withdrawals made after the closing date are NON REFUNDABLE except IF replaced from the wait list. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR ENTRY WILL BE REPLACED. A £15 admin fee will be retained.
3. Withdrawals, for whatever reason, made 24 hours prior to the start of the event (Event starts – Saturday 10th September at 8 am) are non refundable.
Unfortunately we are unable to get full cancellation insurance due to the covid situation. As a result in the event of cancellation the entry will be refunded less £20 to pay contractors.
These can be downloaded from www.cotswoldcup.co.uk/dressage-tests-2022 or Oxstallsxc.co.uk.
A spectator friendly course, with a wide variety of professionally built fences. Designed to encourage horse and rider, with emphasis on good ground preparation. We want people to have an enjoyable experience.
Scoring / results and prizes:
Objections – If you need to lodge an objection to your score this needs to be done before 7pm on the
day of the competition. Objections must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07876 742186
Prizes for the open sections will be monetary, as well as prizes in kind for the winner. Please fill in the prize money claim form on eventing scores and return to email@example.com within 2 weeks of the event. Prizes for the junior sections will be in kind.
Prizes and rosettes: can be collected from the secretaries. Rosettes can be sent if an SAE with a large stamp is left.
These can be collected from the secretaries as you leave once they have been released. Dressage sheets will be kept for 1 week after the competition.
The event will be signed from the roundabout next to the airfield on the A419 between Cirencester and Stroud. Please do not go into Minchinhampton the streets are very narrow.
Volunteers – If you would like to help, please contact us at Oxstalls1@gmail.com
All terrain vehicles/ motorcycles and bikes will not be permitted
Catering – Hot and Cold refreshments are available throughout the event.
Stabling – Local stabling is available from £35 per night. Hook up is available at £20 per night. Booking at Oxstallsxc.co.uk, or if full please email Oxstalls1@gmail.com.
Please note -This horse trials will be run under British Eventing competition rules unless stated in this schedule.
1. It is compulsory that all riders wear hats/helmets up to British Standard Riding Hats conforming to All PAS 015, VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked, European – VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked American –All SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001 Australian & New Zealand – AS/NZS 3838 2006 onwards. All Hats must carry a Cotswold Cup Tag or 2018 Turquoise British
Eventing/PC or RC tag
2. It is compulsory that every person entering the venue who is under the age of 18 years of age is accompanied by a responsible adult.
3. All horses must be vaccinated on an annual basis. There must be 6 clear days between any vaccination injection given and the date of the event.
4. We strongly advise not to bring your dog to the event site. Dogs must be kept at the vehicle in the lorry park at all times and not bought onto the competition site. The Only Dogs allowed on the competition site will be those of officials, event volunteers and these must be kept on leads at all times.
5. It is compulsory that horseboxes are not to be mucked out on site.
6. The Management / owners of the venue reserve the right to remove anyone from the course at any time for inappropriate behaviour.
7. The management / owners of the venue reserve the right to refuse any entry.
8. All horses/ponies must be 5 years and over.
9. Riding horses is a high-risk sport and riders taking part in this event acknowledge this and do so at their own risk and that the organisers and land owners will not be accountable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury to rider, horse or equipment however caused, including Covid-19.
10. Riders must be a minimum of 10 years old.
11. The venue owner does not insure the rider, your horse or your tack and equipment. You are always strongly advised to have in place your own adequate personal accident insurance .
12. The Venue, or anyone involved in the organisation of the event will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any person or their property however this may be caused, including Covid 19.
13. Safe Guarding & Code of Conduct: We take this Seriously at all Competitions. Please see our Policy available online.
14. Health and safety – The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the rules and instructions of the organisers and stewards/officials. By entering the event you are agreeing to adhere to these protocols.
15. By entering the event you agree to the terms and conditions / rules